Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017 | 2 a.m.
You’re over the cat ears, the witch hat and broom, the superhero capes — all of it.
A time crisis and bound account shouldn’t accumulate you from agitation a fun costume. While adroit association accept an bend in the DIY department, the boilerplate closet holds abounding abstracts for putting a attending calm that will not crave a cement gun but will be an burning read. Think iconic characters and themes. And bethink that one or two accessories from a Halloween abundance can add austere pop to a basal canvas.
If you accept a denim shirt
• Rosie the Riveter: Add a red chaplet and analogous lipstick. Oh, and angle whenever you see a camera.
• Cowboy/cowgirl: A cowboy hat, boots and a bandanna about your close will get ’er done, but why not arrange your own colossal agenda belt buckle?
If you accept annular shades and a floral top
• Hippie: With simple bell-bottoms, braids and a accord sign, you’ll be an apparent annual child.
• Ozzy Osbourne: The Prince of Darkness isn’t decumbent to florals. But if you don’t apperception ruining the shirt, breach off the sleeves and cull on some delicate ones printed with tattoos. Then add a agglomeration of blatant apparel adornment (and maybe a bat perched on your shoulder).
If you accept an all-black outfit
• "The bomb": A bodice is best for this argot term-turned costume. The key is authoritative a apparent fuse. To a atramentous headband, cement a abbreviate allotment of braiding with some ablaze orange and gold aqueduct cleaners askance through it for sparks.
• Ninja: This is one instance in which cutting socks with flip-flops is advisable. Add a atramentous ski affectation and a bit of ablaze color, whether it’s a belt or a headband, and about-face an old mop handle into a acceptable bo, or continued staff.
If you adulation ...
• Kelly from "Saved by the Bell": Grab your crop top and neon shorts, and aerosol up those assistant bangs. White tennis shoes with aggregation socks will tie the attending together.
• Zack from "Saved by the Bell": Pastel shorts, a polo and albino wig accomplish that prepster look. Bonus? Thrift a bulky old cellphone or accomplish a Bayside High sweatshirt to array over your shoulders.
• Jess from "New Girl": The adorkable charlatan can be mimicked with blubbery glasses, any ultra-girly dress, tights and flats. Don’t accept the signature bangs? Clip-ins are an option, or do a quick YouTube chase for fake-bang tutorials.
• Daisy from "The Great Gatsby": You don’t charge the adorned bender dress as continued as you accept a sequined chaplet and lots of jewelry. Throw on a faux-fur covering for acceptable measure.
• Jay from "The Great Gatsby": Try any clothing with a dress shirt and tie in allegory colors. And don’t be shy with the beard gel.
• The KarJenners: This is a pop-culturally acicular time to imitate the famous-for-being-famous Kardashian and Jenner sisters, because three of them are reportedly abundant (Kim, Khloé and Kylie). Differentiate with a wig akin to your beloved sister, and go for acceptable applications of lipstick and affected eyelashes.